Parksville/Qualicum Beach Jumped 10% in Sales for September 2010
There were 267 sales of Vancouver Island single family properties in the VIREB area through the MLS in September 2010, down 41% from the 449 sales in September 2009.
“We are beginning to see a plateau in inventories while prices are holding their own, “says VIREB President Cliff Moberg.” “With historically low interest rates still available, it may be as good a time as any to consider buying a home”, he adds.
In September of this year, 679 single family Vancouver Island homes came on the market in compared with 687 in September of last year.
The average sale price across the VIREB region for September 2010 was $325,336; a 2 % decrease from the $333,117 posted a year ago.
For the 12-month period from the end of September 2009 to September 2010, average Vancouver Island sale prices across VIREB’s six zones were:
- Campbell River decreased 13 % to $261,423;
- The Comox Valley was down 2% to $327,043;
- Nanaimo slipped 1% to $350,998;
- Parksville/Qualicum jumped 10% to $392,137;
- Port Alberni grew 3 % to $248,136; and
- The Cowichan Valley slid 11% to $313,363.
Excerpted from 1stView.ca.